Table Lamp Tab
A table lamp is similar to a floor lamp, but it has a shorter base and is meant to be placed on top of a piece of furniture.
- Choose the shape of the lamp shade.
- Choose the shape of the lamp base.
- Click each button in the 'Colors' section to bring up a color picker dialog and change the indicated color for the lamp. The shade color will be the color of the lamp shade, and the base color will be the color of the stand. The 'Lamp Color' is the color of the light emitted by the lamp, not of any part of the lamp itself.
- Total Height
- The height of the lamp from top to bottom.
- Shade Height
- The height from the top of the lamp to the bottom of the shade.
- Shade Diameter
- The width of the widest part of the shade.
- Base Diameter
- The width of the widest part of the base.
- Length, Width, or Diameter sets the size of the light.
- Settings, at the bottom of the dialog, are common to all types of light fixtures.
- The brightness of the lamp. Intensity can be specified in either Watts or Lumens. (A 100 watt incandescent lamp emits about 1700 lumens).
- (IRender uses the conversion factor of 100 watts --> 1700 lumens for all lamps.)
- Click this button to bring up a color picker dialog and change the color of light emitted by the light fixture.
- Component Placement Mode
- Single - place just one light fixture and then stop
- 'Multiple - place the same light fixture repeatedly until you activate a different SketchUp tool.
- Lighting Channel
- Lights are normally placed in a default Channel - 3 for ceiling Lights or 2 for other lights.
- Set the channel to a number from 1-7 to create a light and place it in a particular channel.
- See: Lighting Channels
- Create Lamp
- Press Create Lamp when you are ready to begin create the lamp component.