Linear Light Tab
Linear Lamp Tab of the Create Lamp Wizard.
A Linear Light sub-divides a long, narrow light so that points within the lamp are sampled more often and more smoothly.
A Ceiling light fixture is a flat rectangle that emits light.
- Length - The length of the rectangular light fixture.
- Width - The width of the rectangular light fixture.
- # Lights per lamp - Set higher for smoother lighting. However, more sub-lights take more time to render.
- Glue to surfaces
- If Glue to surfaces is checked, as the light fixture is placed in Sketchup it will automatically stick to the nearest surface.
- Length, Width, or Diameter sets the size of the light.
- Settings, at the bottom of the dialog, are common to all types of light fixtures.
- The brightness of the lamp. Intensity can be specified in either Watts or Lumens. (A 100 watt incandescent lamp emits about 1700 lumens).
- (IRender uses the conversion factor of 100 watts --> 1700 lumens for all lamps.)
- Click this button to bring up a color picker dialog and change the color of light emitted by the light fixture.
- Component Placement Mode
- Single - place just one light fixture and then stop
- 'Multiple - place the same light fixture repeatedly until you activate a different SketchUp tool.
- Create Lamp
- Press Create Lamp when you are ready to begin create the lamp component.