SpaceDesign Report Wizard
The SpaceDesign Report Wizard is used to design and launch your SpaceDesign report.
There are 4 tabs, plus some pop-up dialogs to define the report.
This list all attributes which were marked as 'Allow on report on the Space Design Attributes spreadsheet.
- Check All - checks all attributes
- Check None - clears all checks
- Format - Loads a spreadsheet to determine the order of the attributes in the page, and set the format (e.g. number of decimal places) for each attribute. See: Space Design Report Format .
- Include components with no attributes - if checked, then all components appear in the report - even if they have no Dynamic Component or SpaceDesign attributes.
- Combine components made unique or duplicated ('#' or ' copy ' in name) - if checked then component names will be truncated before any # sign (for "make unique" components), or before the word " copy ", (lower case and with spaces - for duplicated pieces in Dynamic Components).
This will report components which have been :made unique" on the same line if all other attributes are the same. This will also report copied parts of dynamic components as the same component.
Note: This may cause problems if you use a #-sign or the cord "copy" in other components.
- Selected Entities only - only report on selected components and groups.
- Use filters to choose entities - this is not working yet.
- Drill into sub-components level - report on sub-components and components in groups up to this level.
0 = top level components only, 1 = drill one level deep,
- Show Totals - A total line is added to the .CSV file and Report to total columns marked as 'Show Total'.
- Show Report when complete - The report or .CSV file will be launched after creation.
- Use Skip If Setting - use to skip components which have a Skip_if attribute set.
- PDF Properties... - loads a dialog of Properties settings for the PDF file. These do not effect the appearance of the report, but are available to the user in Adobe Reader under Properties.
See: PDF Properties .
Page Size and orientation
- Size - Letter, Legal, A3 or A4.
- Orientation - Portrait or Landscape.
- Margins - at edge of page
Select a logo for the report if desired
- Position - which corner to place the logo in.
- Show border - draw a black border around the logo
- Height - height in inches.
(The width will be determined by the aspect ration of the logo image.)
- Clear - remove the logo.
- Browse - Select the logo from your disk.
An image of the current SketchUp model and view can be included in the report.
- Include Image - if unchecked, no SketchUp image will be included.
- Height - height in inches.
(The width will be determined by the aspect ration of SketchUp window.)
Text and Fonts
Specify text and font sizes for all aspects of the report.
- Report Header Font - this determines the size of the column headings for the report.
- Report Fields Font - size of the report data. If your report does not fit properly on the page, make this font smaller.
If you include the following in the text, it will be replaced by the proper values:
- %model% - the file name of the current model
- %scene% - the name of the current scene
- %date% - today's date
- %TM[format]% - format date or time (See: SpaceDesign Time Formats )
The Project Tab sets the SpaceDesign project folder to hold settings, attributes and reports.
If you set a SpaceDesign Project then default settings and defaults are read from that folder.
- Report Title - title for report and name of .PDF and .CSV files.
- Font - font size of report title
- Create Report - create the Report and/or .CSV file
- Calculations - setting attribute values based on size of components, or other attributes.
- Area - report on the area of a face in a component.
- Number Formatting - Database and Currency formatting
- List Attributes - creating a list of sub-attributes
- Filtering - filtering which attributes to include in report.
- Auto Generate Attributes - define and edit attributes in an excel spread sheet.