NprTools Shadow Pattern Tab
Shadow Color / Pattern Mode
Solid or Watermark
For Soft Shadows , you apply a solid color or watermark to the area in shadow.
- Solid Color, Chipboard Watermark or Image Watermark (Image is defined below)
For Sketchy Shadows a material or pattern is appied to the SketchUp model and then applied to the soft shadow image to create a Sketchy Shadow effect.
You can use the currently selected material, or
three sets of predefined patterns are provided - thick, medium and thin
Pattern Scale Factor
This changes the scaling of the patter, setting the separation and width of the lines in the pattern.
(The values of the scale factor are related to the size of your model. For larger models you will need a larger scale factor.)
- See: Shadow Textures
Shadow Color - use to set color, or intensity of the shadow patterns.
Image for Watermark - Select an image from your disk to be used as a soft shadow texture.
- Watermark mode - how is the watermark used to fill the screen area
- Texture Scale factor - if the texture is tiled or centered, this lets you increase of decrease the size of the texture image
Criss-cross shadow pattern
- Use Criss-cross shadows - two patterns will be used, one for the lighter parts of soft shadows, both for the darker parts.
- Use soft shadows - soft shadows will be created to set the intensity of the shadow pattern.
Criss-Cross cutoff Determined when the second pattern will be added. Move to the left for more cross-cross and to the right for more single-pattern shadows.
- Reuse existing shadow image - If you are only changing settings, and have not changed the model or view, you can reuse the last shadow pattern.