NprTools is a a subset of RpTools used to help create Non-Photorealistic materials, renderings and other features for use in conceptual or formal renderings.
NprTools is included in RpTools and the Render Plus Combo Pack
To download a trial version, go to Downloads Page
Click on any heading below for more information
- Toolbar Icons
- - About NprTools
- Lets you make program settings and enter license information.
- - Soft Shadows and Sketchy Shadows
- Similar to soft shadows, but applies a texture pattern to the model to be used to draw the shadows.
- Lets you create your own sketchy textures to be used with SketchUp or Sketchy Shadows.
- Saves an image of your model with colored, transparent or softer edges.
- Special colors and styles to achieve a crayon look.
- Saves special images - such as edges only or shadows only which you can combine in Photoshop or another paint program for special effects.
- This also has a valuable feature which will make any image or pattern tileable or repeatable for use as a SketchUp material.
- See: Tileable Textures
- - Help System
- Goes to the NprTools help system
After downloading and installing NprTools, follow these steps to try it out.
- Load or create a small model with shadows.
- Click the soft shadows icon ( ) to load the soft shadows wizard.
- Use Medium Softness and Medium Shadow Spread for your first trial - it will merge about 25 images.
- Use Soft Shadows
(Note: Sketchy Shadows do not work on the ground plane - you must have a face to cast Sketchy Shadows onto whe you want to test Sketchy Shadows.).
- Click OK to create and view the soft shadows
- Load the Soft and sketchy Shadows dialog ( ).
- Select the Patterns tab.
- Select one of the line patterns.
- Check Use criss-corss shadows
- Click OK to create Sketchy Shadows
- Read below more more settings and examples.
Soft Shadows and Sketchy Shadows
Soft Shadows creates an image from SketchUp with softer shadows from the sun. This is accomplished by merging images with sun sun set to slightly different dates and times.
- See: Soft Shadows or Quick Setup
Sketchy Shadows adds a pattern to the model to be used for the shadows.
- See: Sketchy Shadows
- Creates new textures from standard patterns and SketchUp Sketchy Styles.
- See: Sketchy Textures
- See: Soft Edges
- Select from 132 Crayola® colors and use a special Crayon Style for display.
- See: Crayon Colors
- NprTools includes an algorithm borrowed from Paul Bourke's Article for making patterns tileable.
Any pattern can be converted into a Tileable Texture.
- See: Tileable Textures
Save Model As Image
- Saves images from your current model in several modes. (Usually for use combining them later in Paint Programs).
- See: Save Model As Image