Getting Started with IRender
Downloads and Installation
There is a 30 day Trial Version for RPS products. This is a fully functional version, with watermarks or other text added to indicate that it is a trial version.
Follow the links on the Downloads Page to download the latest version.
- Start SketchUp
When SketchUp starts,
- Click "Load IRender" from the SketchUp Plugins menu.
The IRender Toolbar should appear:
- Open your model in SketchUp.
- Apply any reflections to mirrors or materials. See: Materials
- Turn on the sun, or add lights. See Lighting
- Click Render:
This will load the "Rendering Settings" Dialog
This is a dialog of the basic settings for rendering.
- Lighting Presets - Select the one which best matches your model.
- High Dynamic, Exterior (with Sun), or HDRi Sky are great for Exterior Scenes
- Interior with sun, or Interior no sun should be used for Interior Scenes.
- Render Image Size - We suggest you use Medium for test renderings of your model.
- Stop Rendering After - Use 10 or 20 for your first rendering. Click "No Limit" to render multiple passes until you stop the rendering.
- Rendering Quality - Use Quick Draft when examining lighting or the overall scene. Quick Draft is 4 times faster but lower quality.
- Defaults - restores the default settings for all rendering options.
- Start Rendering - start the actual rendering.
To get started with IRender nXt see these tutorials:
- If you are just learning Ray Trace rendering, start with a fairly simple model. It is much easier to learn the concepts in small models which render quickly.
- If you do not add reflection or lamps, then the IRender rendering may not be a noticeable improvement over the SketchUp renderings.