When SketchUp releases a new version, you will need to reinstall your Render Plus Applications to use the new version. (Or you can copy some files from the old SketchUp plugins folder to the new folder.)
SketchUp 8 incorporated a new version of Ruby which requires that you will need to install new versions of most Render Plus applications. You can download the latest version from: Downloads Page
The cleanest way to do this is to:
- Uninstall the application. This will remove it from the old version of SketchUp.
- Re-install it selecting the new SketchUp location.
If you uninstall and reinstall, then when you install later upgrades, they will install into the proper version of SketchUp.
Copying files is much easier. However if you ever install a new version of SketchUp it will continue to install any plugins folders into the old SketchUp location. The new SketchUp Plugins folder will be in a path something like:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Google SketchUp 8\Plugins
- (There may be no ' (x86)' if you do not have a 64-bit machine.
- The path may be different depending on where you installed SketchUp.
The old SketchUp Plugins folder will be in a path something like:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Google SketchUp 7\Plugins
The file you want to copy are:
- Note: Do not worry if you do not have some of the _loader.rb files.
The ones you have will depend on which Render Plus applications you have installed.
- Note: The Win32API.so file is very important. Be sure to copy it.
- Note: Render Plus is a folder. Copy the entire folder if you have it.
Using multiple versions of SketchUp
If you want to run Render Plus applications in more than one version of SketchUp, then you should uninstall/reinstall the application into the latest version of SketchUp, and then copy the files to the older version.