RpTools is a SketchUp add-on which makes it easier to work with components, to create 2D documents, and perform other powerful functions.
RpTools is an add-on package for SketchUp to make it easy to layout 3D components from the 3D Warehouse (or your own components).
RpTools also contains the Non-Photorealistic features of NprTools .
- Components: Select, Place, Move, Copy, Rotate, Mirror, Stretch, Aim...
- 2D Plotting Edge line colors and thickness, 2D Text
- Rooms - create a room for quick placement of components
RpTools is included in the Render Plus Combo Pack
Problems - Contact Us - Don't Give Up
If you are trying RpTools for the first time, and have problems, Don't Give Up.
- Between the combinations of SketchUp versions, Windows versions, and machine types, sometimes somethings goes wrong. It anything is not working, don't give up. Let us know.
- If you have problems with downloads or installation, contact us right away at email@example.com.
- If you have other problems, or questions on how to use IRender nXt, place them on our Forum.
- Download Problems - If the download doesn't start, try again. Sometimes our download service gets messed up, If is still doesn't start email us and we will send you a direct link to try.
- Installation - During installation, you need to select the proper version of SketchUp. If you have problems contact us right away.
- SketchUp Toolbar - If the application does not appear on the SketchUp tool bar - look under plugins. If there is an entry called RpTools Load', click it.
- Other Problems - - Contact Us - Don't Give Up.
The latest release adds to items:
This should be handy for placing cabinets, or similar items, in a room, where each item is placed relative to the previous item, and rotated properly to align with the proper wall.
This is available on the Component Selector in RpTools.
These are the standard icons on the tool bar, to edit these, or add other icons use Customize Toolbar
Standard toolbar icons
- - Start Dialog - Options and Help for RpTools.
- - Place Material - Place materials on surfaces.
- - Select Component - Select SketchUp components from an Explorer like list.
- - Move Wizard - move a component (or any selected entities) along an axis.
- - Copy Wizard - copy a component (or any selected entities) along an axis.
- - Mirror Wizard - mirror a component (or any selected entities) along an axis.
- - Rotate Wizard - rotate a component (or any selected entities) around an axis.
- - Stretch Wizard - stretch a component (or any selected entities) along an axis.
- - Aim component - align a component's axis to point at something else in the model.
- - Alpha Channel - Adds an image with transparent areas.
- - Proxy Components - Create low poly components to speed up your SketchUp model.
- - Shapes - Wizards to create standard 3D objects.
- - About NprTools - Lets you make program settings and enter license information.
- - Soft Shadows and Sketchy Shadows - Similar to soft shadows, but applies a texture pattern to the model to be used to draw the shadows.
- - Sketchy Textures - Lets you create your own sketchy textures to be used with SketchUp or Sketchy Shadows.
- - Soft Edges - Saves an image of your model with colored, transparent or softer edges.
- - Crayon Colors - Special colors and styles to achieve a crayon look.
- - Save Model As Image - Saves special images - edgres, shadows, etc.
- - Help System - Goes to the NprTools help system
The Start Dialog shows all of the icons available on the Toolbar, with a help button for each icon to take you to the on-line help.
- Load RpTools when starting SketchUp - If this is checked then RpTools will automatically be loaded onto the toolbar whenever you start SketchUp.
- Put edit wizards in sub menus - It this is checked then the RpTools right-click edit options (move, copy, rotate, etc.) will be placed in a sub-menu of the right-click context menu. Otherwise they will appear directly on the menu.
Click this button to proceed directly the the RPS on-line help forum for RpTools.
Place Material uses an Explorer type tree to select materials and place them directly on faces without having to open components and groups for edit.
The tool “drills” into the model to determine which face, (or component or group), to change to place the material.
Select Component is a tool in RPS RpTools and RpReports which selects components from your SketchUp libraries using a convenient and powerful explorer tree.
You can use the view buttons above the component image to change the preview view, or the use mouse to spin and orbit the component by dragging on the image.
When using the Place button, you can rotate the component during placement with the arrow keys.
First, download and install RpTools.
To get started, select one or more objects in your model, and try the various Manipulation Icons.
Each Icon will load a dialog which can be used to move, rotate, or make other changes to the selected objects in your model.
Editing and Manipulation wizards
Move Wizard for RpTools.
The Move Wizard is useful for more exact positioning.
In this example, we want to move an component exactly 3' along the red axis.
Copy Wizard for RpTools
Make a copy of a component 3' along the red axis
Mirror Wizard for RpTools
Mirror works like Copy, except that the geometry is mirrored around an axis.
Note:Mirroring is only in the Red.Green plane not in the Blue Axis. (Useful for mirroring "handed" furniture components.)
Rotate Wizard for RpTools.
Ready to rotate selected item
Stretch Wizard for RpTools
There are 3 tabs available for stretching.
Aim, or point, a component by pointing one of its axes at another location in the model.
Aim Axis - select the axis of the component to align.
Then move the mouse cursor to snap to a locatable item in SketchUp to aim the component at that item.
NprTools is a a subset of RpTools used to help create Non-Photorealistic materials, renderings and other features for use in conceptual or formal renderings.
Soft and Sketchy Shadows
- - Soft Shadows and Sketchy Shadows
- Similar to soft shadows, but applies a texture pattern to the model to be used to draw the shadows.
- Lets you create your own sketchy textures to be used with SketchUp or Sketchy Shadows.
- Saves an image of your model with colored, transparent or softer edges.
- Special colors and styles to achieve a crayon look.
Save Model as Image
- Saves special images - such as edges only or shadows only which you can combine in Photoshop or another paint program for special effects.
- This also has a valuable feature which will make any image or pattern tileable or repeatable for use as a SketchUp material.
- See: Tileable Textures
Alpha channel adds an alpha channel to a raster image, (to defined parts of the image which are transparent). The alpha channel image can then be used as a SketchUp Image, a SketchUp material, or for other uses (e.g. as a toolbar icon).
You can replace a component with a component of the same name with both LO-POLY and HI-POLY geometry stored in separate layers.
- Tools to create or manipulate alpha channel images.
Alpha channel images contain a channel, in addition to red, green and blue for color, which defines places where the image is transparent.
This is used to create transparent, 2D components in SketchUp, or to paste renderings or other images on top of a background.
- See: Alpha Images
- See also: Other RpTools Functions
Shapes is a set of Wizards of RpTools to create simple 3D Shapes.
Downloads and Installation
There is a 30 day Trial Version for RPS products. This is a fully functional version, with watermarks or other text added to indicate that it is a trial version.
Follow the links on the Downloads Page to download the latest version.
For more information see the RpTools Tutorial .
If you have any problems or questions, post them on the: RpTools Forum