The Presets Tab lets you choose predefined settings more the most common lighting situations.
The Presets set items on the bottom of this tab which can also be altered directly.
|High Dynamic||(default) Uses an HDRi sky for reflection and illumination which is very effective for many renderings without using the sun or any exterior lights. This provides a nice lighting effect for viewing individual items.||- exterior scenes or isolated objects when you want to create an interesting, subtle, lighting effect, inst4ead of using the sun or interior lights.|
|Exterior||turns on the sun and the sky, and high ambient lighting.||- exterior scenes when the effects of sunlight are desired.|
|Interior w/sun||turns on the sun and the sky, and lowers the ambient light so interior lights will be effective as well.||- interior scenes with windows and interior lights. If you do not have interior artificial lights, then use Exterior instead.|
|Interior - no sun||turns off the sun and sky, with lowered ambient lighting.||- interior scenes with windows, or scenes with windows when the effect of light coming in through the windows is not desired.|
|HDRi sky||Adds an HDRi sky with sky, clouds and background trees.||- Exterior Scenes with window reflections, or which would benefit form a sky and trees background.|
- See Preset Details
The settings below override the Presets: Sky Mode
- Colors - make a background sky which using the 2 sky colors specified on the Sky tab.
- Automatic - creates a realistic sky which illuminates the model.
- HDRI - uses a HDRI image to define the sky.
- Sky Illuminates if Off - check this to get illumination from the Automatic or HDRi shy evn if the sky is not on.
- Sky Reflected if Off - check this to show reflections from the Automatic or HDRi shy evn if the sky is not on.
Each setting provides a smaller amount of ambient light to better represent scene selected:
- Studio Brightness - makes ambient brightness 20 times lower. Typically used in studio or High Dynamic renderings where light is provided by an HDRi sky.
- Enable Artificial Lighting - turn lamps and other artificial lighting on and off
- Use Auto daylight Portals - Automatically treats windows as Daylight Portals.
- Use Indirect Lighting - Incorporates the effects of indirect lighting. (Lights reflecting from mirrors and other surfaces.)