Load a Client Project
Steps to 'Load a Client Project
Creating a Client Project
You can create a project by:
- Copy the RpReports demo project folder (RpReports_Demo) to a new folder, e.g. NewName_Project.
- Give the new folder the name of the new project, e.g. Project_name.
- Rename the .csv files in the new folder from RpReports_Demo-xxx to Project_name-xxx. e.g. RpReports_Demo_settings.csv becomes NewName_settings.csv if the new project name is NewName.
- Make any changes desired in the _settings.csv file. See: RpReports Customization#Project setup and options for a description on the _settings.csv file values.
- Change the values in the Project_name_attdef.csv file to define your attributes names, etc.
- Change the values in the Project_name_levelX.csv files to match your attributes.
- Create a Project_name_attributes.csv file to define your default attribute values. See #Creating attribute file below.
- Change any icons in the Images sub folder to the images you want for your icon.
- Change the name of the report templates file, in the Templates sub folder from RPReports_Demo_template.rtf to NewName_template.rtf
- Modify the wording, icons, etc. in the template file.
Loading the new project
- Start RpReports (Use the SketchUp menu: Plugins/Load RpReports.
- Click OEM on the toolbar.
- Click the Load Project button.
- Navigate to the folder containing your project and select the Project_name.ini file.
- Note: SketchUp will automatically load this project the next time you start SketchUp and start RpReports.
Creating attribute file
- After you define your attributes in the Project_name_attdef.csv file, you can create an empty .csv file for your attributes using Auto Generate Attributes on the OEM dialog.
- You will be asked to navigate to the folder containing your attributes. If your attributes are in C:\Program Files\Google\Google SketchUp 6\Components\your components, navigate to, and select that folder. All sub folders will automatically be included in the .csv file.
- The attribute name, and a description created from the sub-folder names will automatically be generated. You can load this in Excel, or a text editor, and enter values for your other attributes.
- Note:RpReports requires that each component name be unique. If you have components in different folders with the same name, you will need to rename the in order to make them unique.
- Note: Also, because of a bug (or feature) in SketchUp, you cannot create new, unique, .SKP files by copying another .SKP file. If you have two components with exactly the same geometry, you need to load the component in SketchUp and use Save As to create the second component. Otherwise SketchUp and RpReports will be confused about which of the two identical components is which.
Client Toolbar icons
A set of default icons is included in the Images sub-folder of your project folder.
You can use these, or create your own icons.
See: RpReports Client Icons for descriptions of these icons.